Regular Construction Updates
- Switch over of power is still on for 10/24 pm to 10/25 am. Rocky has their electrician on site at 9pm 10/24 and SDGE is expected to arrive, deenergize transformer to building. They’ve pulled wires and they come back early a.m. to complete the work. So when they “stab” the new meter they’ll check all is safe and then flip the switch in the GH building.
- Cathedral improvements are focused on the elevator renewal. The lobby is out of commission until the elevator heavy work is completed. Work began, on schedule on Monday 10/21/19.
- Floors for the lobby will wait until the elevator work is further along. There is a 4 week lead time on the nosing, but the deposit is in for the flooring so we should get an ETA early next week on delivery.
- ATT & Cox interruption of service intermittently will occur Friday 10/25 and Monday 10/28 while they run the cables from the street to the facility and remove the old telephone pole that was once in the Olive St. parking lot with these lines on it. It is expected to be quick down times for the work.
- Talking about replacing the Great Hall red entry doors due to deterioration. More discussion to come.
- 2nd floor outdoor hallway lost lighting when we cut power from the Admin building. We need temporary lighting or a fix for the existing lighting. It’s too dark without it.
- Advised about SPC brining in an ADA compliant Port-o-Potty into the Queen’s Courtyard. It will be delivered Thursday 10/24/19 and stay until elevator project is completed or ADA bathrooms are once again accessible.
- Reviewed HVAC project estimates with Joe. Moving on from McParlan, other vendor has been consulted. Suggests $144,000 for basement HVAC only. There is a heating kit for GH, it includes equipment for heat and cooling, reduces the main load off boilers and would mean we would need smaller boilers.
- Before spending money on engineers, Joe suggests SPC decides if we want to spend $145-250,000 on the HVAC for the Great Hall before engaging the engineer study that would cost about $9,000-$13,000.
- Suggestions for partial solutions were discussed. Window units will be going out of the north offices in the basement due to the CCRP, and possible “mini split system” could be installed instead. Options are being reviewed further.
- AT&T line is down but that’s ok as it only served the elevator for emergency help. It was to be landed on a Cox line during the transfer over, but that work hasn’t happened yet. Tim from The Computer Admin is following up. He put the work order in several weeks ago.
- SPC asked about lighting the sidewalks around the church block. Once pedestrian barricades go up, there will be lighting. This will be both on 5th and 6th Avenues.
- Next meeting is in two weeks on November 6, 2019 at 10:30 in the Fireside Room.