Chapter Colleagues – notable updates, cathedral news and events
A. LLC Comments, Questions and Answers
Q. Will there be any updates on what the next phase will be with Greystar? Demo date?
A. Mark Lester will be posting an update on the blog by the end of the month. Demo will commence sometime in 2019 but the start date can shift dependent upon the buyer. In my past career working with customers on new building projects (not as large as ours) was quite challenging, everyone was protective of their own little domain so seeing eye to eye was not an easy task. Read the blog and if you have more questions I am here to listen or feel free to reach out to other chapter members.
B. CATHEDRAL COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
This month there has been no questions just heard a lot of chatter and rhetorical comments (not minimizing) or concerns in passing from the congregation. I believe that chapter and staff should be aware of the buzz.
- It seems that all we do is help the homeless and not fund other ministries.
- Are we a cathedral or a parish because it seems we just cater to the homeless and more are around campus?
- It seems scary during coffee hour, there is quite a few homeless folks lingering around.
- Why can I never find a sexton – there’s no toilet paper or paper towels in the bathrooms.
- Do we allow homeless people at our events, it seems they wander in and it’s ok?
- Attendance seems less.
- Wonder if I should let my kids eat the food, is it safe? (ref – clean hands touching or preparing)?
- Armed Forces Day Evensong was wonderful, they finally got someone young and energetic to deliver the sermon; reception was great too.
- Transgender forum was informative.
- Formation classes have been good.
- Don’t like lay people calling about my pledge.
- Saturday – Dec 2 – December Nights at the Cathedral 5:00-9:00pm
- Sunday – Dec 3 – Advent Procession 5:00 – 6:30pm
- Tuesday – Dec 5, 12, 19 – Free Organ Recital 12:30 – 1:30pm
- Thursday – Dec 7 – Women Together 6:00 – 8:00pm
- Saturday – Dec 9 – Showers of Blessings – 6:30 -11:30 am
- Sunday – Dec 10 – Alternative Gift Expo – 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Saturday – Dec 16 – Las Posadas (bilingual service with a Eucharistic service and a traditional re-enactment of Mary and Joseph’s search for shelter). A community meal with activities for children will follow. 5:00 – 6:00pm
- Sunday – Dec 24 – Family Service – 5:00 -6:00pm
Submitted Very Respectfully,
Jennifer “Jen” Jow