Hello St. Paul’s Cathedral!
Well I have been working as your part time Associate for Children, Youth and Family for about a month now, and I am having a great time getting to know many of you better.
We have fantastic youth volunteers, wonderful children, and super cool youth! I already feel very blessed to be working with all of you.
I come to you all with a background in youth education, Human Resources Development, and curriculum design.
For much of my adult life, I have worked from two guiding principles which have found me along the way. They are:
- Create the conditions where by each individual can develop to the best of their abilities, as first stated by my Grandpa Jack many many years ago.
- Celebrate curiosity and awaken brilliance in all I encounter, old or young!
So let’s play a little game, I know the middle schoolers will love this one, so share it with them if you are reading this and have a child at home old enough to play.
Below are 10 interesting facts about me. Nine are true and one is false. See if you can guess which one is false.
- I have lived in New Zealand
- I have written a children’s book
- I have three children
- I have a pet snake
- I was an acolyte as a teenager
- I love New York City
- I am left handed
- I am from Minnesota
- I have a swimming pool
- I have a Episcopal priest in my family
I look forward to getting to know all of you better and journeying with our youth as they develop their own spiritual lives over the coming years.
Part-time Associate for Children, Youth and Family