Regular Wednesday Construction Updates
Site Logistics Plan review:
- Reviewed pathways and exits for upcoming work.
- Breezeway pathway from 5th Ave Queen’s Courtyard will continue to be main entry to building. New signs were installed for directions and advice that we have no ADA access currently.
- Olive St. parking lot will be available (the 2/3rds of the lot) again this week into next week. There are signs directing people to enter at the 5th Ave Queen’s Courtyard to access building.
- Work continues on the Park Chateau demo clearance and in the 6th Ave courtyard.
- Permit progress: still in a holding pattern. Submitted and resubmitted certain permits, we should hear more this week.
- Queen’s Courtyard construction for chair lift will wait to start until permits are received. The work on the elevator lobby will wait until the chair lift is in place.
- Progress on the trenching of the 6th Ave courtyard and pathways is going well. They are doing the most amount of work possible prior to receiving the permits. The new sewage piping has been installed and will not have any down time when switching from old to new pipe. Trenching continues for the power and gas lines.
- Review of when we need kitchen (mostly Wed. evenings) They will be working more in this area.
- The work on Nutmeg has progressed to the piping being installed (sans wiring at this time), the underground vault was installed, and the transformer pad was installed this week.
- The Park Chateau removal of debris continues.
- The sidewalk in front of the old Park Chateau will be demolished so that the phone and IT wiring can be run under the sidewalk into the Great Hall building. There will be accommodations made for the closed sidewalk.
- Kathleen advised the following updates:
- There is a date of 8/12 to move the Admin offices to the basement. If there is a tech delay in cabling the offices for the internet and new phone system, the backup move date is 8/29 due to vacation schedules.
- Bay Alarm is onsite working on the move of the alarm pad and fire system from the Admin building to the Great Hall basement.
- We’ve secured offsite parking for staff so will begin to use that to free up the Olive St. Lot
- Can we put up a safety railing on the Thurifer porch so they can use it during Sunday services. Rocky said no problem and will get it installed.
- Advised Teldata onsite for phone and IT cabling. Rocky would like to meet with him to go over things
- Cox switch over is being handled by who? Greystar. They’ll have to work with The Computer Admin as well and a meeting with Tim from TCA will be scheduled.