Jen Jow reports:
CATHEDRAL COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
This was a short month for me and only had a question and overheard comments from parishioners.
Q. Seems like we are always being asked to donate extra can’t there be any other way the cathedral can get money?
A. I am not sure if your comment was rhetorical or did you want an answer from me? There have been a few discussions regarding this subject for 2018 with executive staff and wardens. There are a few “Irons in the Fire” which involves several options that are being assessed. Details and work involvement is still being hashed out and once finalized it will be announced. If you have any ideas or suggestions your feedback is welcomed.
– Dean Penny’s last letter answered the details concerning the security and safety issues at the cathedral, glad for the explanation.
– We need to see more Chapter members (not the same usual ones) helping at events and involved in ministries. Maybe even after the 10:30am service helping with coffee hour.
– Do you think we will have yoga at the cathedral?
– Women’s Group in December was very interesting, I’m glad there’s something for us! Wonder if the men have something like this hmmm!
– Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Service was awesome, we are so lucky to have the Dean and Bishop in town for the services. Wonder if they get tired having to do some many services on Christmas Eve.
C. EVENTS CALENDAR
Every Tuesday 12:30pm – 1:30pm – Free Organ Recital – Cathedral
Tuesday – Jan 9 – 11:30am – 12:30pm – General Mtg – Guild Room
Tuesday – Jan 9 – 4:00pm -5:30pm – Outreach Mtg – Ministry Center
Sunday – Jan 14 – 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Newcomers Brunch – Great Hall
Thursday – Jan 18 through Jan 25 – Christian Unity Week (The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is an international Christian ecumenical observance. It is an octave, that is, an observance lasting eight days.)
Submitted Very Respectfully,
Jennifer “Jen” Jow